If you know our attachment to sharing and Joomla!, you should also know that we particularly appreciate the CCK Flexicontent. It adds power to Joomla! and extends its already appreciable potential. But did you know that your humble servant (me who writes this article) is part of the development team of this incredible component? Some will say "yes" and that "I'm getting on their nerves" but hey...
Of course, this experience benefits Com3elles' customers for whom the website needs an advanced content management: directory, various files, agenda, .... Com3elles is therefore a sponsor in some way since what we develop for our customers is integrated into the component to benefit (for free) the community of Flexicontent users.
We have designed a demonstration portal to show examples of what Flexicontent can do in combination with Joomla!
Flexicontent is one of the best CCK for Joomla! free, it was designed to simply extend the content management of Joomla long before this CMS is natively equipped with special fields (custom fields). It allows you to create any type of site without multiplying the extensions and without code. With a single extension, you can for example make a complete portal or an extranet.
For each example, you can :
- consult and navigate on a functional site
- test the display with the default template (protostar) or a "home-made" template made with Template Creator CK (another of our favorites)
- and to top it all off, download a FREE installable archive of each site to test on your own server.
This portal will be enriched as we go along and we hope for constructive feedback to make it evolve.
Through these first 3 demonstrations you will be able to discover 3 powerfull uses of this CCK totally free (even the support). This represents several months of work and we are very happy to share them with you:
1 - the CV library
This demo site presents a complete CV library with
- management of offers,
- specific application or free application
- front-end management for the HR part.
Through this example you will be able to create a site with a complete management of offers / applications powerful and flexible with a single component. From the simple text field for the name to the file upload (for the CV) or the dynamic relationship between an offer and an application, everything becomes possible with Flexicontent. This site is also a showcase of the possibilities of native translation of content, everything is managed natively via Flexicontent and Joomla! To better understand the example you can log in the administration but also read tutorial articles.
2 - Real estate ads
This demo integrates the essentials of what you can expect from a real estate management site:
- Addition of ads with simple entry
- Various fields for complete files: photo gallery, 360° panorama, metrage, ...
- Advanced search engine (geolocation, criteria, filters, ...)
- Agent files linked to ads with direct contact of the agent via a dedicated form
- All this directly created in flexicontent without any additional code or extension!
In this site you can find about 20 tutorial articles to understand and realize this type of site:
Creating an ad type,
adding gallery or 360° panorama fields, metering, geolocation of properties etc.
3 - Recipe site
This site presents recipe cards like you can see on sites like Marmiton... :
- list of ingredients
- information (difficulty, duration, ...)
- photos and videos
- search engine by recipe, ingredient, allergies, country, ...
- reviews & comments
- recipe suggestions
- thematic articles, ...
For the last demonstration site (before the next ones) you will be able to test the input of recipes and the functionalities by connecting you on the frontend but also the backend. From the management of ingredients to the cooking steps, you will discover the groups of fields and the unique functions of Flexicontent, such as bookmarking or video management.
Why yhis demo ?
Because although it is very flexible and designed to be used without code, the almost infinite possibilities of Flexicontent make it useful to see concrete examples to understand its potential.
You know the famous colored plastic building blocks? Flexicontent can be compared to this game, which offers a lot of possibilities. These demo sites are a bit like the "box" version of these famous bricks: you have the result available ready to go but you can reshape everything as you wish.
It's up to you to play!
A qui s'adresse ce portail :
- aux propriétaires de site qui veulent découvrir le potentiel de Joomla + Flexicontent et en vérifier la pertinence pour leur projet. Surfez sur les sites et testez-les
- aux intégrateurs et développeurs web qui veulent comprendre et apprendre à créer une application sur flexicontent. Téléchargez les archives
Get installable archives of the sites
To get the installable archive of the demo sites, just subscribe to our Flexicontent specific newsletter:
Read more about it
Flexicontent is a free CCK for Joomla!
Joomla! is the second most used CMS in the world. Robust, reliable it is the one that offers the best ease/power ratio. In 2017, the addition of native custom fields to extend content has multiplied its potential, one of Flexicontent's specialties.
Like all CMS, adding extensions (plugins, widgets, components, ...) allows you to add many features simply and quickly. But without coding skills, you may find yourself stuck in what was planned by the editor and with a site that can become complex.
Flexicontent is a CCK, which stands for Content Construction Kit. It was designed in 2008 for non-developers in order to model and complete the functionalities of a website in a flexible and secure way with a single component:
- Compatible with native Joomla components com_content, com_category, com_tag (possibility to uninstall it without losing the content)
- Design of infinite content types (forms and templates)
- Multi-category content
- 34 types of dynamic fields (text, drop-down list, gallery with resizing, video, geolocation, dynamic relation in both directions, group of fields...)
- Multiple values and drag and drop ordering
- Drag and drop content and content list template
- Multi-faceted search engine (category and dedicated search view)
- Optimization for high volume sites
- ACL workflow at field level and email notification
- Versioning at field level in addition to content
- 7 integrated modules (universal content with carousel, filtering engine, maps with clustering, keyword cloud, etc.)
- Microdata and sharing on social networks
Com3elles, Joomla! specialist, Flexicontent :
- Certification body and Joomla Learning Partner
- Design and implementation of websites, we develop your custom sites or extend with Joomla! and Flexicontent
- Training organization: learn and discover from A to Z the design, the implementation and the management of a website, in class or remotely (OPCO support possible)
You wish to be autonomous, we can accompany you by the hour to help you set up.
The author of the article
Seduced from the beginning by the exponential possibilities offered by Flexicontent, I have been contributing to it voluntarily for almost 10 years. I help its evolution and also animate the free support in French and English on the component's forum and on social networks.
Contributor also on Joomla 4, I am certified Joomla administrator.
Web project manager, integrator and trainer at Com3elles, I help our customers to find the best solutions for their needs.